Paprika chicken, originating from Hungary, is a flavorful dish that showcases the versatility of paprika, a widely used spice in Hungarian cuisine. This recipe typically features bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces seasoned with paprika, garlic, and other spices, resulting in tender and succulent chicken.
Adding smoked paprika enhances the flavor of this dish even further, creating a delectable sauce that will leave you wanting more. If you’ve been searching for a quick yet incredibly delicious paprika chicken recipe, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to discover one of the best paprika chicken recipes straight from my kitchen to yours.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Follow these steps carefully to achieve perfection:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving.
This paprika chicken recipe is truly impressive and is sure to delight your guests. Serve it alongside a variety of side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, rice, or salad, to create a complete and satisfying meal. Enjoy!
Suggestions for serving paprika chicken:
There are numerous delicious side dishes that pair well with this paprika chicken recipe. Here are some recommendations:
Enhance your paprika chicken with a side of roasted vegetables such as asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or carrots.
Rice or couscous
Serve your paprika chicken with a side of rice or couscous. Consider adding chopped herbs or nuts to the rice for added flavor and texture.
Freshen up your meal with a simple green salad dressed lightly. You can also include sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and avocado for extra flavor and nutritional value.
Mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes
Creamy mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes make a perfect accompaniment to the paprika chicken.
Enjoy grilled corn on the cob as a delicious and easy side dish. For extra flavor, brush the corn with butter and sprinkle with paprika seasoning.
Serve a slice of crusty bread alongside your paprika chicken to mop up any remaining sauce or juices.
Useful information about paprika and its usage
- Paprika is a spice that adds incredible flavor and a subtle heat to any dish. It’s important to note that smoked paprika has a slightly spicier profile compared to regular paprika. When cooking with paprika directly in a pan, be cautious as it can burn quickly.
- Paprika complements various protein dishes, from omelettes and scrambled eggs to soft cheeses like brie when baked in the oven until melted.
- Including paprika in your diet may offer benefits to your skin by providing protection against sun damage. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, dietary paprika xanthophylls were found to inhibit UV-induced skin damage.
- Paprika is rich in calcium, potassium, and phosphorus, essential for maintaining strong teeth, bones, and muscles.
- Keep in mind that paprika is typically used in small quantities as a spice to flavor food. Most recipes call for a spoonful or less.
In conclusion, while working with paprika can be challenging, paprika chicken is a simple yet flavorful recipe. Understanding your spices and cooking techniques is crucial for success in the kitchen. Paprika not only imparts a beautiful red color to the chicken but also adds a mild, slightly sweet, and smoky flavor. You can adjust the level of spiciness by using sweet, hot, or smoked paprika. Paprika chicken can be prepared using different methods such as baking, grilling, or pan-searing, and pairs well with a variety of side dishes, including mashed potatoes, rice, and vegetables. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for both family dinners and special occasions. For more information on paprika chicken recipes, visit Hummingvibe.
Why is paprika used with chicken?
Paprika adds a delicate, sweet flavor to chicken without overpowering other ingredients. It can be used in beef, pork, or chicken stews and provides a lovely color and subtle flavor.
What is paprika made of?
Paprika is made from drying and grinding the fruit pods of the Capsicum annum species. It is known for its mild flavor and vibrant red hue. It is closely related to red pepper, which comes from the same species.
What is chicken paprikash made of?
Chicken paprikash is a Hungarian dish made with chicken, onions, paprika, and butter, finished with sour cream.
What flavor does paprika add?
The flavor of paprika can range from mild and sweet to moderately spicy. Domestic paprika typically has a mild, sweet, and vegetable-like flavor. Some Spanish paprikas are smoked, resulting in a smoky flavor.