Introduction: Situated on the coast of the Irish Sea, Blackpool offers a range of attractions and enjoyable activities for visitors. If you’re planning a trip to Blackpool with your family, here are some of the top fun things to do in the area. Book your hotel and get ready for an unforgettable trip to Blackpool!
Exciting Activities in Blackpool:
Explore Blackpool Zoo:
- Located just two kilometers from the Promenade, Blackpool Zoo is a family-friendly destination that provides entertainment and educational experiences. With over 1000 animals, including big cats, giraffes, elephants, sea lions, orangutans, and more, this 32-acre park offers a fantastic opportunity to connect with wildlife while enjoying the park’s scenic surroundings.
Experience Blackpool Illuminations:
- Blackpool Illuminations, a mesmerizing light event that spans 66 days from early September to November, is a must-see attraction. The town’s main thoroughfare is adorned with dazzling lights, including bulbs, lasers, neons, and fiber optics, creating a captivating spectacle for visitors of all ages and budgets.
Visit the Iconic Blackpool Tower:
- Ascend the Blackpool Tower and experience the stunning views of the North West of England from the glass-floored SKYWALK and Blackpool Tower Eye. Begin your journey by exploring the 4D theatre, which brings the history of the tower to life through captivating visuals and sensory effects. From the Tower’s summit, you can step onto the glass viewing platform, offering breathtaking views of the Irish Sea and the famous Blackpool Promenade.
Dance at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom:
- The Blackpool Tower Ballroom is a beautifully decorated dance hall and theater renowned for its Mighty Wurlitzer organ. Enjoy concerts, dancing, and special occasions held in this elegant venue during specific periods of the year.
Discover Winter Gardens Blackpool:
- Winter Gardens Blackpool is a vibrant entertainment complex featuring ballrooms, theaters, exhibition halls, and public spaces. The Opera House, one of the largest theaters in the UK, hosts impressive performances and events, while the Empress Ballroom is known for the Blackpool Dance Festival and other prestigious events. Winter Gardens Blackpool aims to provide a diverse range of international conferences, performances, and events.
Meet Celebrities at Madame Tussauds Blackpool:
- At Madame Tussauds Blackpool, you’ll have the chance to meet lifelike wax figures of famous celebrities. From Olly Murs and Bear Grylls to HRH Queen Elizabeth II and characters from Coronation Street, this interactive attraction allows you to get up close with renowned personalities. Madame Tussauds Blackpool is the only Madame Tussauds outside of London, known for its impressive collection of celebrity wax figures.
Explore Marine Life at Sealife Blackpool:
- Sealife Blackpool offers an opportunity to marvel at the wonders of underwater life without getting wet. With more than 50 captivating displays and over 2,000 aquatic creatures, including sharks, octopuses, reef fish, rays, and seahorses, this attraction takes you on a journey from the British coastline to the depths of the ocean.
Relax in Stanley Park:
- Stanley Park is a picturesque green space and a designated town conservation area in Blackpool. Spread over 256 acres, it features stunning gardens, lakes, woodlands, and architectural attractions like the Art Deco Cafe, Cocker Memorial Clock Tower, and Rose Gardens. The park also offers excellent sporting and recreational facilities, including a golf course, athletic arena, and cricket ground.
Enjoy Thrills at Sandcastle Waterpark:
- Sandcastle Waterpark, the largest indoor waterpark in the UK, guarantees family fun with its 18 slides and various attractions. From the world’s longest indoor roller coaster waterslide, Master Blaster, to Aztec Falls, Sidewinder, Thunderfalls, and more, visitors can experience a range of exhilarating water-based activities throughout the year.
Have Fun at Coral Island Blackpool:
- Coral Island, Blackpool’s main free attraction, is an amusement park that offers dining for children all day long. Enjoy thrilling rides such as the Pirate Flyer and the Pirates Quest Ghost Train, challenge yourself with games, and have a chance to win prizes. Don’t forget to participate in the Camel Derby for a fun-filled day at Coral Island.
Blackpool offers a plethora of exciting activities for visitors. Whether it’s exploring Blackpool Zoo, admiring the illuminations, visiting iconic landmarks like Blackpool Tower, or enjoying water-based adventures, there is something for everyone in this vibrant town. Check out Hummingvibe and Booking.com for information on accommodation in Blackpool.
- Is Blackpool a worthwhile destination to visit?
- Yes, Blackpool is definitely worth visiting as it offers numerous tourist attractions, including Blackpool Tower, Blackpool Illuminations, and Winter Gardens. The iconic Blackpool Tower continues to captivate visitors with its awe-inspiring architecture.
- What are some popular attractions to see in Blackpool?
- One of the main attractions in Blackpool is Blackpool Tower, offering breathtaking views of the North West of England. Other popular attractions include Sandcastle Waterpark, Stanley Park, Madame Tussauds Blackpool, Blackpool Zoo, and the Blackpool Illuminations.
- Is Blackpool considered a romantic destination?
- Blackpool has a romantic charm, with couples often enjoying walks along the beach and under the captivating Blackpool Tower. The town also offers a range of romantic restaurants, providing unique experiences for couples on date nights.
- Why is Blackpool suitable for families?
- Blackpool is an excellent destination for family vacations, offering a variety of fun places and attractions suitable for all ages. Blackpool Tower, Stanley Park, Sandcastle Waterpark, Blackpool Zoo, Madame Tussauds Blackpool, and the Blackpool Illuminations are just a few examples of the family-friendly attractions in the area.